OptiNet – Drayage Optimization Solution
Today’s Intermodal demands that motor carriers be responsive to customer volume demands while maintaining the productivity and effectiveness of drivers. There is a never ending pull on the business to take on more business from the customer base. This need to capture as much freight as possible creates operational challenges to execute all of the loads without sacrificing customer service. The challenge for today’s motor carrier is to ensure that drivers pack their days with more and more revenue generating freight while reducing the number of non-value added trips (deadhead and bobtail).
Adding OptiNet to your TMS provides the ability to save money in the following areas:
- Improves the loaded / empty mile percentage which allows a fleet to handle more loads without the need for additional drivers or consolidate the number of assets to remove underutilized assets.
- Reduces the number of trips required to complete the work which leads to savings in fuel and maintenance expense
- By improving the effectiveness of a drivers work period they can earn more money per shift.
- Machine optimization will protect appointments and improve customer service
Employing OptiNet for load matching helps transportation companies move freight more effectively by using algorithms to perform driver / load matching unmatched by human planners. The ability to balance any number of drivers and loads while not ignoring the unique requirements presented on a daily basis
- Driver schedules and flexibility
- Multiple start / finish locations
- Various pay packages
- Equipment requirements
- Driver certifications
- Customer appointments
- Shipping / receiving hours
- Equipment return logic
- Free time
- Trailing equipment business rules
OptiNet understands your business. Built on drayage TMS technology with a rich 20+ year history of serving the needs of the local / regional trucking companies. Our success is based on real world experience, customer feedback and ROI results grounded in North American Intermodal expertise. We’ve developed best in class optimization routines that are custom to the drayage industry. We’ve prepackaged this technology so that everyone with a TMS can use it. Talk to your GTG Technologies rep about a demo of OptiNet for your company.